Claim Jumper Whiskey Chicken
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1 pinch white pepper
- 10 ounces sourdough croutons
- 1 1/2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon freshly-chopped parsley
- 4 double chicken breasts, skin-on
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Sauté celery and onion until translucent.
- In a separate pot, place 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, thyme, basil garlic and 1/4
teaspoon white pepper; simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock mixture over the onions and celery; simmer 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine croutons, 1 whole diced apple, dried tarragon
and parsley; add to stock mixture. Mix well. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet to
- Place chicken breasts skin side down on a cutting board; flatten and score thick
spots. Place a 3-inch ball of stuffing on the chicken breasts; roll the ends over
the ball to cover it completely. Place each rolled up chicken breast on a cooling
rack placed over a baking sheet. Pour a little water in the baking sheet. Bake chicken
in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken's
internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 apple, 1/2 cup chicken stock, apple juice, brandy,
whiskey, sugar, fresh tarragon, allspice, nutmeg and 1 pinch white pepper; simmer
20 minutes. If needed, thicken with a slurry of 1 tablespoon cornstarch and a little
- Serve chicken over a bed of stuffing. Drizzle sauce over chicken before serving.
Source: Chef John Casey, Claim Jumper Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes