Claremont Inn Pumpkin Bread
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Cream shortening. Add sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs then stir in pumpkin and water.
- Combine flour with baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Add
to creamed mixture, then fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour batter in two 9 x 5 x 3-inch greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 10:38:39 pm.
Source: highdesert - Claremont Inn from The Main Street of America Cookbook by