Clinkerdagger Public House Burnt Creme
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for topping)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Beat egg yolks
with the sugar, and stir together until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat cream
into egg yolks. Stir in vanilla extract and pour into 6 (6 ounce) custard cups.
- Place custard cups in baking pan that has about 1/2 inch water in the bottom.
until set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove custard cups from water and refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle each custard
with 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- Place on top rack under broiler and cook until
topping is medium brown.
- Chill before serving.
Source: Clinkerdagger Public House, Spokane, Washington