Comfort Diner Goat Cheese, Pesto and
Oven Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese
You have to try this. It's not your mama's grilled cheese sandwich.
- 11 ounce log goat cheese
- 8 oven roasted plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 8 slices rosemary bread
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, unsalted
- Spread goat cheese (evenly distributed) on 4 slices of bread. Spread pesto on
top of the goat cheese. Add the roasted tomatoes. Cover each prepared bread slice
with another piece of bread.
- Butter evenly the top of each sandwich and place buttered
side down in a frying pan over medium heat.
- While first side is grilling butter
second side of bread.
- Cook until golden and crusty about 3 to 4 minutes.
turn and cook until second side is golden about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/27/02
Source: used with permission from
Ira Freehof, The Comfort Diner, 214 East 45th Street, New
York City, NY