Comfort Diner Sliced Steak with
Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers
- 1 (2 pound) London broil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, washed, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 or 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- Steak: Heat a heavy bottom skillet over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Season the London Broil with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of oil on both sides. Place the meat
in the preheated pan and cook for three minutes on each side. This will cook the
meat to a medium rare temperature. Cook longer for more well done meat.
- Remove the meat from the skillet to a wooden cutting board or large plate and cover loosely
with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While meat is resting add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add the sliced onions and cook for 4 minutes stirring
- Add the peppers and cook for another 4 minutes stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Slice the steak in 3/4 inch slices and top with the vegetable mixture
and serve over Garlic Bread.
- Garlic Bread: Cut bread in half length wise. Combine minced garlic with soften
butter and spread evenly over bread. Toast under broiler element of oven until golden
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 11/16/2001 11:46 am.
Source: from Ira Freehof-Owner - The Comfort Diner - Chef on a Shoestring Recipes
October 30, 1999 cbsnews.com