Cool River Cafe Fat Tire Ribeye
Sweet Soy Glaze
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
Fat Tire Marinade
- 4 (14-ounce) ribeye steaks
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle Fat Tire beer
- 1/2 cup Sweet Soy Glaze (reserve remaining glaze)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients for glaze except soy sauce in a small pot and heat to
boiling. Keep boiling mixture for 10 to 15 minutes until all sugar granules are
melted and mixture begins to look like clear corn syrup.
- Refrigerate the mixture until temperature lowers to about 125 degrees F (use
a food thermometer and be extra careful when handling hot sugar), which takes about
- Add soy sauce.
- Fat Tire Marinade: Combine all ingredients except olive oil and meat in food
processor or blender; blend. While blending, add oil in a small stream to create
an emulsion. Pour mixture over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Discard marinade and put the steaks on the grill, grilling to desired doneness.
- Drizzle remaining sweet soy glaze over grilled steaks and serve.
Source: Rocky Mountain News - June 28, 2003 - Executive Chef Patrick Brown, Cool
River Cafe, Ulster