Cool River Cafe Peach Louis
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Peach Schnapps
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Schnapps
- 4 peaches, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 scoops cinnamon, vanilla or peach ice cream
- Combine butter, sugar, cinnamon in a skillet. Place over low heat on top of the
stove and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in Schnapps and place the peaches in
the skillet. When peaches begin to soften and slightly caramelize, carefully add
dark rum. Continue to cool sauce until rum is hot.
- Carefully tilt the pan to ignite the rum.
- When flames subside, spoon the peaches out of the sauce and place them
over the ice cream.
- Generously spoon sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve
Posted by RUdy2 at Recipe Goldmine - May 17, 2001.
Source: Chef Bob Stephenson of Cool River Cafe