Copeland's of New Orleans Bananas Foster
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) whole butter
- 4 whole bananas, peeled and cut into fourths
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- 1 ounce rum
- Place half of the butter in a heavy gauge skillet over medium heat and melt.
Add the sugar and cream. Cook for approximately 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add cut bananas and the cinnamon to the skillet and stir to coat.
- Remove the skillet from the flame. Add the rum and the banana liqueur.
- Swirl to incorporate and place the skillet back on the flame. (**Be careful because
the alcohol may ignite when you place it back on the flame.)
- Add the remaining butter and swirl to incorporate.
- Serve over your favorite ice cream, pound cake, or biscuits.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/22/2002 7:50 pm.
Source: Corporate Chef Geoffrey Rhode, Copeland's Famous New Orleans Restaurant