Copeland's of New Orleans Chicken Tasso Pasta
- 3 cups diced chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasonings
- 1 cup julienne tasso (Savoie's or K-Paul's)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup green onions, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasonings (additional)
- 3 pounds cooked pasta (fettuccine or linguini)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and drain well. Season chicken pieces with Creole Seasoning.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add tasso and saute until tender and lightly browned.
- Add chicken and green onions and sauté until chicken is white.
- Add heavy cream and additional seasonings. Return to a simmer.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and bring back to a simmer.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to bowl and top with remaining chicken and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Copeland's of New Orleans