Copeland's of New Orleans Shrimp and Tasso Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup julienned tasso (seasoned, smoked pork)
- 3 ounces peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup store-bought Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked bowtie pasta (keep warm)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add tasso and sauté to render fat.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and curled, taking care not to burn the butter.
- Add Alfredo sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Do not allow the sauce to reduce.
- Pour heated pasta in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Top with green onion and cheese.
Makes 1 serving.
Approximate values per serving: 1,015 calories, 55g fat, 191mg cholesterol,
41g protein, 89g carbo, 4 g fiber, 1,274 mg sodium, 48 percent calories from fat
Source: Arizona Republic - April 10, 2002