Copeland's of New Orleans
Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup strawberries, freshly cut
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and 2 cups heavy cream; mix well, then set aside.
- Whip remaining 1 cup heavy cream until peaks form. Beat in cream cheese until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add butter.
- Dip bread slices into batter, making sure to leave them long enough to absorb some of the batter without making them soggy. Place bread in skillet; brown on both sides.
- Remove bread from skillet and place on a plate.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture on top of each piece.
- Top with another piece of toast to form a sandwich.
- Top with fresh strawberries, dust with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
Source: Chef Gina Cochener-Mozzi, Copeland's of New Orleans, Phoenix, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes