Copeland's of New Orleans Swamp Pie
- 20 ounces Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 ounces chocolate fudge
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 12 ounces sliced roasted almonds
- 12 ounces shredded roasted coconut
- 5 ounces whipped cream
- 8 ounces butter or margarine
- Mix crumbs together with butter or margarine thoroughly. Spread the mixture on
sides and bottoms of a 9-inch springform pan to form a crust.
- Take 2 ounces of fudge and spread on top of crumbs. Place 1/4 gallon of ice cream
on top of fudge. Next, spread 2 ounces of fudge over ice cream then place 4 ounces
of coconut. Place remaining ice cream on coconut and follow with 2 ounces fudge,
4 ounces almonds and 4 ounces coconut as done before. Top with whipped cream and
remaining almonds and coconut. Place in deep freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Roasted Coconut and Almonds: Place coconut on a metal sheet pan and put in oven
at 350 degrees F for approximately 3 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Do
the same for almonds but increase time to 4 minutes.
Source: Copeland's of New Orleans