Cowboy Ciao Chocolate Chip,
Cherry and Bacon Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped applewood smoked bacon, cooked and well drained
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line sheet pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a small bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the sugars
and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, stirring to combine.
- Add the eggs and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the flour. Add the chocolate chips, cherries and bacon.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough on the parchment-lined pans. Leave about 2 inches
between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Approximate values per cookie: 174 calories, 9 g fat, 27 mg cholesterol,
3 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 77 mg sodium, 47 percent calories from
Source: Cowboy Ciao, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes