Cowgirl Hall of Fame Restaurant Texas Caviar
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 small jar chopped pimentos, juice included
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, green part only
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 canned or fresh jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1 firm, ripe, tomato, chopped
- 2 cups vinaigrette
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients very well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight, in a
sealed or covered container. Remember the longer it sits, the better it gets!
- Serve with old-fashioned saltine crackers or with corn tortilla chips.