Cozymel's Coastal Mexican Grill Yucatan Especial
A medley of shrimp and scallops tossed with fresh mushrooms and spinach in a white wine cream sauce.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 ounces sliced poblano peppers
- 5 ounces Bay scallops
- 3 ounces chopped tomatoes (1 small tomato)
- 5 ounces shrimp (31-35 count)
- 3 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces sliced red onions
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces Cream Sauce
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 6 medium)
- 2 servings rice (any type you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro (garnish)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup roux (2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons oil, whisked together with no lumps)
- Place oil in sauté pan over medium heat, add onions, peppers, mushrooms and sauté
for 1/2 minute.
- Add scallops and shrimp, season with salt and white pepper, add spinach and cook
for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and cream sauce and continue cooking for another minute.
- Place rice in the middle of a large bowl and pour the Yucatan Especial over it.
- Use salt and pepper to taste.
Makes two servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 25, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes