Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Baby Carrots
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- Rinse carrots and place in a 2 quart saucepan. Pour enough water in saucepan to just cover the top of the carrots. Cover carrots with a lid, place on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes until the carrots are tender when pricked with a fork.
- When carrots start to become tender pour half of the water off carrots and add salt, sugar and margarine. Place lid on pan and cook until completely tender but not mushy. More salt may be added if needed.
- Serve carrots alongside your favorite entree
The kids will enjoy the little baby carrots. For some additional flair you might want to substitute brown sugar, and a dash of nutmeg will do wonders.