Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Cherry Chocolate Cobbler
This is a clone!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package Nestle's semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter; cut with
pastry blender until crumbs are size of large peas. Melt over hot (not boiling)
water, Nestle's semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly at room temperature (about 5 minutes).
- Add milk and egg to melted chocolate and mix well.
- Blend chocolate into flour mixture.
- Spread cherry pie filling in bottom of a 2-quart casserole.
- Drop chocolate batter randomly over cherries.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with heavy cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine - April 30, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes