Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Fried Apples
- 6 large tart green Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings.
- Pour apples evenly into the skillet. Sprinkle with lemon juice, brown sugar and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until apples are tender and juicy.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.