Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Country Green Beans
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole green beans, with liquid
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly brown but not
- When bacon has browned, add green beans.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper and mix well. Place onion on top of green beans.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and bring to
a light boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer beans for 45 minutes.