Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Potato Soup
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and dice 1/2 x 1-inch (weigh 3 pounds after peeling)
- 8 ounces chopped celery
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 4 ounces chicken base
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon Jane's Crazy Salt
- 1 1/2 quarts milk
- 4 ounces melted
- l cup flour
- In large pot put first 7 ingredients in large pot and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to 170 degrees F.
- In bowl blend melted margarine and flour till smooth then add 1 quart of soup
broth and blend. Using wire whip add back to pot and blend well. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Yield: 12 (10 ounce) servings
Posted by GayleL at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: From: Rudy2 April 29, 2000 09:39 am