Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Sawmill Gravy
- 1/4 cup fried meat grease
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 sausage patty, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups milk
- Coarsely-ground pepper
- After frying bacon, ham or chicken, pour off fat and measure 1/4 cup drippings.
Place back in pan and add flour. Stir until blended.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbling and thick.
- Season to taste with salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Add crumbled sausage and bacon bits. Stir well.