Decks Biblical Charcoal Grill Gourmet
Bonfire Grilled Marinated Lamb
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons mined garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 lamb racks (8 ribs each) trimmed and silver skin removed
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- Lamb Marinade: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Place the lamb and marinade in a plastic bag, tie, and place in refrigerator
for 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Lamb: Remove the lamb from marinade and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before
- Brush the lamb with hoisin sauce.
- Decks Roasting Technique: Skewer the lamb on fairly thick sticks or skewers
and place it around a bonfire about 3 to 4 feet from the fire and roast for
4 to 5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Smoking Technique: Place the lamb on a grill in a smoker with a separate
fire box and smoke at 210 degrees F. for about 6 hours.
- Grilling Technique: In a covered grill, place the lamb on the grill over
indirect heat. Turn the heat to low and grill for several hours until done–this
is a judgment call.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Decks Biblical Charcoal Grill Gourmet on the Sea of Galilee, Tiberias,
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes