Decks Biblical Charcoal Grill Gourmet
Bonfire Grilled Marinated Lamb
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons mined garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 lamb racks (8 ribs each) trimmed and silver skin removed
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Place the lamb and marinade in a plastic bag, tie, and place in refrigerator for 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the lamb from marinade and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Brush the lamb with hoisin sauce.
Decks Roasting Technique
- Skewer the lamb on fairly thick sticks or skewers and place it around a bonfire about 3 to 4 feet from the fire and roast for 4 to 5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place the lamb on a grill in a smoker with a separate fire box and smoke at 210 degrees F. for about 6 hours.
- In a covered grill, place the lamb on the grill over indirect heat. Turn the heat to low and grill for several hours until done–this is a judgment call.
Source: Decks Biblical Charcoal Grill Gourmet on the Sea of Galilee, Tiberias, Israel