Different Pointe of View Halibut Scaloppini
with Verbena Butter Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Alaskan halibut fillet
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 sprigs verbena
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a blender; process on high speed until combined.
Place mixture in a small container; set aside.
- Cut halibut into 3-ounce medallions, then wrap in plastic wrap and pound
very gently with a mallet. Dust fish with flour, then pat with hands to shake
off excess. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Sauté fish in olive oil about
45 seconds each side; set aside, but keep warm.
- Add butter to the pan used to sauté the fish. Heat over medium until it
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic puree.
- Add verbena; cook garlic until it starts
to turn brown.
- Slice lemon in half. Wrap lemon in cheesecloth; squeeze lemon
into garlic mixture.
- Add parsley.
- Remove verbena from the pan.
- Adjust seasonings
by adding salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over fish before serving.
Source: Chef Mark Charles Kissinger - Different Pointe of View, Phoenix, Arizona
Makes 4 servings.