Dish Gourmet Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 8 to 10 large leaves fresh basil, cut into long, thin strips
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 small green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces diced fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice from lemon
- Roasted red and yellow peppers, optional
- Toasted pine nuts, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring 6 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, toss basil, tomatoes, green onions and mozzarella with
pasta. Add optional ingredients, if using.
- Stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 352 cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat), 18 mg
chol., 45 g carb., 14 g pro., 2 g fiber, 182 mg sodium
Source: Chef Brian Benham, Dish Gourmet, Boulder, Colorado