Disney's Rainforest Cafe Tonga Toast
- 2 or 4 slices sourdough bread cut 1 inch thick
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
- Whipped butter if desired
- Maple syrup if desired
- Depending on the size of the bread slices, cut a 1 inch pocket in one side
of the bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise.
Remove peel and stuff two pieces in each pocket, again depending on size. Set
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix egg, milk and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 degrees F
- Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture, allowing it to soak in for a few minutes.
- Fry in hot oil until lightly brown, turning to brown both sides.
- Drain on paper towels on cake rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and serve at once.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 10:59:57 pm.
Source: This recipe was posted on Pete Werner's Unofficial Online Guide to
Disney World by Nikole. Nikole is the co-moderator of their recipe boards.