Disney's Wilderness Lodge French Toast
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Cut 1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread diagonally into eight 1 1/2-inch thick
slices. Cut a 2-inch-long slit 1 inch deep in top of each slice to form a pocket.
Divide 1 cup fresh blueberries into 8 portions; fill pockets with berries.
- Whisk together 2 cups milk, 3 large eggs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon
vanilla extract in large bowl.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamonin cup. Set both aside.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in large nonstick skillet
over medium heat.
- Cook 4 bread slices until golden, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm. Wipe skillet.
- Repeat process with another 1 tablespoon butter and remaining bread.
- Transfer French roast to 4 serving plates; sprinkle tops with cinnamon-sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 7/25/2001 9:36 pm.
Source: Ladies Home Journal March 1998 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Orlando,