Dixie Crossroads Corn Fritters
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons liquid butter blend
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup whole corn, drained
- Heat oil to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine eggs, milk, and butter-blend. Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients.
Add corn last.
- Drop by tablespoon into hot oil. Deep fry for about 5 minutes
or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm.
Source: Dixie Crossroads - Daytona Beach, Florida