Dixie Crossroads Shrimp Soup
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons powdered chicken base
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled
- About 3 ounces cornstarch
- Pepper, to taste
- Fill soup pot with the 2 quarts water. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken base,
celery, onions and potatoes. Continue cooking until vegetables are cooked.
shrimp. Bring to a boil once again.
- Thicken soup (as desired) with a mixture
of cornstarch and water. Stir until totally dissolved.
- Slowly add to soup, stirring
- Add pepper. Add no salt.
Source: Dixie Crossroads, Inc., Titusville, Florida