Doanleigh Inn Savory Crab Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 pound (2 cups) crab meat, cooked
- Crust: Combine ingredients and press into bottom of 12-inch spring-form
pan. Set aside.
- Filling: Heat oil in skillet. Add onions, peppers, salt and pepper. Cook
until peppers are soft, about 3 minutes
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and eggs until very thick and
frothy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the cream, Gouda, cooked vegetables and crab.
Beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour filling over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with crackers or toasted baguettes.
Source: Doanleigh Inn - Kansas City, Missouri