1870 Wedgewood Inn Kahlua Flourless Fudge Cake
- 7 extra large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound European bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
- Place egg whites and sugar in a mixer and whip into firm peaks.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat. When melted, add chocolate, stirring
occasionally until smooth.
- Quickly add vanilla extract, espresso, Kahlua, and chocolate
butter mixture to the egg white mixture, gently folding until smooth.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake on center rack for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Wait 5 minutes and press sides down so the top of the cake
- Cool and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Remove cake from pan and cut with a hot knife into 8 pieces.
- Serve with fresh berries and vanilla ice cream if desired.
Source: 1870 Wedgwood Inn of New Hope Bed and Breakfast, New Hope Boro, Pennsylvania
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes