1870 Wedgewood Inn Kahlua Flourless Fudge Cake
- 7 extra large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound European bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan.
- Place egg whites and sugar in a mixer and whip into firm peaks.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat. When melted, add chocolate, stirring
occasionally until smooth.
- Quickly add vanilla extract, espresso, Kahlua, and chocolate
butter mixture to the egg white mixture, gently folding until smooth.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake on center rack for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Wait 5 minutes and press sides down so the top of the cake
- Cool and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Remove cake from pan and cut with a hot knife into 8 pieces.
- Serve with fresh berries and vanilla ice cream if desired.
Source: 1870 Wedgwood Inn of New Hope Bed and Breakfast, New Hope Boro, Pennsylvania
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.