Eckert's Grandma Eckert's Peach Custard Pie
If you live in the St. Louis area, Eckerts is the place to go to pick strawberries,
apples, peaches, or your pumpkin at Halloween. It's a wonderful place and a
St. Louis tradition.
- 1 (9-inch) deep pie crust
- 4 cups peaches (about 3 or 4 peaches)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Beat eggs. Add milk and sugar. Beat together. Slice peaches. Add to egg mixture
and stir together. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in 450 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees F and continue to bake for another 45-55 minutes. To test doneness, insert knife. If it comes out clean, the pie is done.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001