Eclectic Cafe Flan
Yield: 18 (6 ounce) servings
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 12 eggs
- 4 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cans evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To caramelize sugar, put sugar into a frying pan over medium heat, stir constantly until sugar dissolves and begins to color.
- Pour caramelized sugar into 18 individual cups and wait for 10 to 15 minutes for it to harden.
- Mix eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into the cups. Place cups in a pan of water.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until firm.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.
Source: Eclectic Cafe, Tucson, Arizona