El Sol Bakery Empanadas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- Favorite fruit pie filling
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make a flour well. In the center add shortening, sugar, salt and water. With
hands, mix all ingredients together, kneading until the texture resembles soft but
not sticky dough.
- Lightly grease sheet pan and divide dough into 6 even balls.
- Flour a working surface and rolling pin. Roll out each ball into an oval shape
and pour 2 tablespoons of your favorite fruit pie filling on half of the oval shape.
Fold and seal the sides with a fork.
- Lightly brush egg on topside of empanada. Place empanadas on lightly greased
- Place in oven, lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 15 to 20
minutes or until golden light color.
- Cool slightly on rack before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.