El Torito Chipotle-Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 7 medium tomatoes
- 3 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 chipotle chile, canned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place all ingredients except oil in blender and puree.
- Heat oil in suitable saucepan, add tomato mixture and bring to a boil.
- Lower flame and continue to cook approximately 10 minutes and remove from fire.
Source: El Torito Executive Chef Pepe Lopez