El Torito Cilantro Pepita Dressing
- 1 medium roasted peeled and seeded Anaheim chile
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkins seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated Cotija cheese
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pulse blend chile, pepitas, garlic, pepper, salt, oil, vinegar and Cotija cheese
for 10 seconds.
- Slowly add cilantro until paste forms whisk mayonnaise and water
in large bowl (preferably stainless steel).
- Stir in chile mixture.
- Cover and chill at least two hours.
- Serve over romaine lettuce topped with fried tortilla strips and pumpkin seeds.
Variation: Use parmesan instead of Cotija cheese
Cotija cheese is a hard cheese, similar to Parmesan.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Source: about.com Mexican Food