El Torito Taquitos de Cameron (Shrimp Taquitos)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons Serrano-Pepita Dip, see recipe Engrudo (flour-and-water paste), as needed
- 1 pound thawed shrimp, diced 1/2-inch
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 ounce or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons green cabbage, finely julienned
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons red cabbage, finely julienned
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons carrots, finely julienned
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons red onion, finely julienned
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces or 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 ounce vinaigrette dressing
- 2 teaspoons canned minced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice
- Shredded lettuce
- Fried tortilla strips
- Grated cotija cheese
- El Torito Red Pepper Dip
- El Torito Fruit Relish
- Sauté shrimp with garlic, salt, pepper and butter until almost done.
- Remove from fire and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well to ensure complete
incorporation of products.
- Cool filling before preparing taquitos.
Source: Executive chef Pepe Lopez, El Torito Mexican restaurants