El Tovar Lodge Chili
This chili is a favorite at the El Tovar Lodge at Grand Canyon, Arizona.
- 1 1/2 filets mignon, diced
- 1 pound pork loin, diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté the first four ingredients for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours on low heat.
- Put an individual portion of chili into an oven proof bowl and top with Monterey
- Run under broiler for a few moments until cheese has melted and is