Famous Dave's Route 66 Truck Stop Chili
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds coarse ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Famous Dave's Steak seasoning
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Maggi seasoning
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- 1 (22 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Famous Dave's BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine ground beef, steak seasoning, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, Maggi, basil, and garlic powder in a pot and mix well. Cook until the ground beef begins to turn a crusty brown, stirring frequently.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper, and jalapeno. Cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add undrained chili beans, tomato juice, undrained tomatoes, tomato puree broth, BBQ sauce, Kahlua, and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Simmer until the desired consistency is reached, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into chili bowls.
- Serve with shredded Cheddar cheese, minced onion and plenty of crackers.