Harry Caray's Chicken Vesuvio
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 whole cloves garlic
- 1 (3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Cut quarters lengthwise in half into wide strips.
- In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil and whole garlic over medium-high heat for
4 or 5 minutes or until garlic turns golden.
- Remove garlic; set aside.
- Add potato strips; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden, turning often. Remove and pat dry.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, to hot oil. Brown slowly over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and season with oregano, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and
1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Carefully add wine; return potatoes and garlic to skillet.
- Place skillet in 400 degree F oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is
done, basting the last 10 minutes with pan juices.
- Serve with juices and potatoes.
Source: Harry Caray's Restaurant, 33 W. Kinzie Street, Chicago
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.