Hot and Hot Fish Club Beet,
Arugula and Roquefort Salad
- 6 baby yellow beets. roasted and peeled
- 6 baby red beets, roasted and peeled
- 6 Chioga beets, roasted and peeled
- 1/4 cup Roquefort cheese
- 2 cups Citrus Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup roasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots, fine dice
- 1 teaspoon picked fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salad: Slice beets into quarters or halves, depending on size. Place in mixing
- Add one quarter cup of vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper and place beets evenly on plate.
- Crumble Roquefort cheese equally over salad.
- Lightly dress arugula with citrus vinaigrette. Evenly distribute over salads.
- Distribute walnuts.
- Spoon over excess vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- Citrus Vinaigrette: Put orange, lemon and lime juice in small saucepan. Reduce
volume to one quarter of its original volume.
- Cool and place in mixing bowl with shallots and thyme.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Source: Chef Chris Hasting of Hot & Hot Fish Club