Hot and Hot Fish Club Scallop Risotto
- 24 large scallops
- 2 cups cooked risotto
- 1/2 cup morels
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup fennel, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fish or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cups sweet pea puree
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add shallots, thyme, morels,
fennel and corn. Cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add peas, stock and wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add butter and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear scallops in olive oil until just done.
- Place scallops on top of risotto.
- Pour 1/4 cup of sweet pea puree around risotto
and serve immediately.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/29/02 10:47:46 pm.
Source: wbrc.com/gda/pastrecipes.shtml - Here's one from Chris Hastings,
of the Hot and Hot Fish Club.