Houlihan's Deep Fried Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut (70 count)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoons chicken base
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups Japanese bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in boiling water and cook until soft.
- Drain water from potatoes and return potatoes to pan.
- Add milk, butter, salt, white pepper, chicken base and scallions; mash until
- Spread on sheet pan and cool.
- When cool, form into cakes. When formed, dredge in flour, then egg wash and coat
well with breadcrumbs.
- Place into deep fryer and cook until golden brown.
Yield: 8 cakes
Recipe courtesy of Houlihans, Minnesota.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Idaho Potato Commission.
>> Restaurant Recipes