Houlihan's Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 cups pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 quarts plus 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, salt and dry mustard in mixer bowl; mix for 1 minute
on low speed with balloon whip. Scrape down sides with spatula; make sure all dry
ingredients are dissolved.
- With mixer on high speed, alternate slowly, drizzling oil and vinegar into mixture.
- Alternate oil and vinegar 4 times throughout mixing.
- With mixer still running, add lemon juice.
- Cover, label, date and refrigerate.
Yield: 1 gallon
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6:17:11am 5/26/03.
Source: Houlihan's Restaurant Group, Kansas City, Missouri - Restaurants &
Institutions Recipe Book