Houlihan's Jambalaya Rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup andouille sausage, diced large
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup chicken diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1/4 cup garlic, pureed
- 2 tablespoon chicken base
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained well
- 2 cups white rice
- Heat kettle; add oil. When hot, add sausage. Sauté until crisp.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender. Stir well.
- Add chicken and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add seasonings, garlic puree and chicken base. Cook approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add and stir the diced tomatoes well. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add and stir in the white rice well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Place in large cooking dish or rectangular baking pan (9 x 13-inch). Cover pan with foil.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve hot. To re-heat, place in microwave or sauté pan.
Source: Chef Daniel Higgins, Houlihan's - kare11.com