House of Blues Andouille Corn Pudding
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups andouille sausage, diced 1/2-inch
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons LA spice
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 16 cups jalapeno cornbread, 1-inch cubes
- Heat pan, add oil and andouille and render fat.
- Add onions, celery, garlic, corn and seasonings and sweat vegetables.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk eggs and cream, add cooled andouille/vegetable mixture.
- Add diced cornbread to cream mixture allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Add mixture to 1/2 sheet hotel pan and cover with foil.
- Cook pudding for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 4 x 4-inch squares.
Yield: 1 (2-inch) 1/2 sheet pan. Servings: 4
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001
Source: Recipe used with permission of: James O'Donnell House of Blues, Los