House of Blues Bread Pudding
Source: Canadian comic actor Dan Aykroyd (Saturday Night Live, Ghostbusters,
Blues Brothers 2000) is a co-owner of House of Blues, an L.A. restaurant featuring
great music and a range of North American and international dishes, including this
Southern-style bread pudding.
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 gallon Cream Batter
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cream Batter: Melt the cream and butter.
- Blend the remaining ingredients (except the bourbon) into a mixer.
- Slowly drizzle in the hot cream mixture.
- Add bourbon.
- Bread Pudding: In a large bowl, add batter to bread.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake at 275 degrees F for about 1 hour.
- Serving: Serve with brown sugar, bourbon or custard sauce.