House of Blues Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Work the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or your fingertips, until it resembles
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix with a fork until the buttermilk has
just been incorporated. Gently knead the dough, in the bowl, a few times to bring
the dough together. Divide the dough into 6 equal balls and gently press each ball
into 1/2-inch thick disks.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until
a wooden pick inserted in the center of a biscuit comes out clean.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.
Source: Recipe used with permission from
Chef Robert Childers - House of Blues, Chicago, Illinois
- Burt Wolf's Local Flavors, Chicago