House of Blues Crawfish Cake
- 1 tablespoon pommace oil
- 10 tablespoons yellow onion, 1/8-inch diced
- 3 tablespoons green bell peppers, 1/8-inch diced
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, 1/8-inch diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds crawfish tails, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon crystal hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons Louisiana spice or Paul Prudhomme Cajun spice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, ground
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Parsley sprig, for garnish
- Heat oil in saucepan and sweat onions and peppers for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and crawfish tails and heat through.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, crystal hot sauce, salt and Louisiana spice.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat eggs in stainless bowl and add crawfish mixture.
- Fold in Parmesan and 1 cup bread crumbs.
- Combine all ingredients and form into 5-ounce patties.
- Dust cakes with additional bread crumbs.
- Heat crawfish cake through in broiler.
- Place corn pudding in center of plate.
- Place heated crawfish cake on top.
- Zigzag cilantro cream over entire plate.
- Top cake with parsley sprig.
Yield: 8 cakes
Source: Recipe courtesy James O'Donnell of House of Blues, Los Angeles, California