House of Blues Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced onion
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a medium pot, cover with 2 inches of cold water,
and generously season with salt. Over high heat bring to a boil, reduce the heat
to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and heat the oil.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the red and green peppers, and red pepper flakes, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook until they are just heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.
Source: Recipe used with permission from
Chef Robert Childers - House of Blues, Chicago, Illinois