House of Chan Shrimp Egg Foo Yung
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Shape mixture into patties by dropping 1 heaping tablespoon
of mixture into hot oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve with any favorite gravy.
Yield: 10 to 12 patties
Cooked chicken or mushrooms may be used in place of shrimp if desired.
Source: House of Chan - Kingman, Arkansas